|Nespresso VertuoPlus |
Get it at Amazon here!
Nespresso VertuoPlus Deluxe Review-Get The True Scoop!
First off…If you are an espresso aficionado who prefers to make your espresso at home with a manual/lever espresso machine, the VertuoPlus by Nespresso is probably NOT the machine for you to consider. Unlike manual/lever machines, the VertuoPlus uses Nespresso’s patented coffee capsules, and is unable to make espresso with any kind of ground coffee, other than the coffee contained within the patented capsules.
Another important matter to consider is the particular espresso pods that this machine uses. The pods used for this one are different than standard Nespresso capsules, so if you are accustomed to using standard Nespresso capsules in one of the other Nespresso machines, you will need to make an adjustment and change to using Nespresso’s VertuoLine capsules. These capsules are exclusive to the VertuoPlus, and standard Nespresso pods won’t work with the VertuoPlus. The VertuoLine capsules used in this machine utilize a barcode, which results in a perfectly brewed cup of espresso every time.
What the Nespresso VertuoPlus is
The Nespresso VertuoPlus is a smart espresso machine that extracts espresso with patented Nespresso capsules, as previously. It is very quick to warm up to the needed brewing temperature, and can prepare espresso in as quick as 10 seconds.
- Produces perfectly blended, rich and robust espresso.
- Effortless and uncomplicated to operate.
- Has exceptional build and design quality.
- Very easy to use — quick to warm up and prepare espresso.
- Accommodates an assortment of espresso alternatives for more variants.
- Dependable for several cups of coffee rapidly.
- Quiet to run, excellent for office use.
- With revolving action water tank arm, you can readily fit even on low counter space.
- Coffee made has really thick crema.
- Has large water tank, can process multiple cups before a water refill is required.
- Simple to clean with descaling alerts.
- Vertuo capsules are more costly than are the original capsules.
- Bigger capsules mean that more storage space is needed.
- You can’t use other capsules, even the Nespresso original capsules.
- No hot water ‘on demand.
- Not everybody needs an practically ‘instant’ espresso.
- No milk frothing function. You would need to purchase a separate milk frother with this machine.
- Somewhat costly.
Design and Specifications
Just like all of the other Nespresso espresso machines, VertuoPlus is uncomplicated — simplistic design with the ability to provide great-tasting espresso. Constructed of plastic, it has a taller layout that measures 16.2 x 12.8 x 5.6 inches in size, excluding the water tank.
The 40oz water tank is constructed of clear plastic with a lid and has an indicator that shows you when the water level is low. The water reservoir can either remain at the rear of the machine or can pivot out to the left or right for effortless refill. This feature also allows various configurations to allow it to fit into your various spaces.
On the top of the machine, you will see the ON/Coffee button. This button has various color light indicators — GREEN, RED AND ORANGE — which might take you some time to familiarize yourself with. There’s a silver lever at the top of the espresso outlet that can be utilized to elevate to the top of the machine to feed the espresso pod.
Within the machine there is also a detachable pod container in which up to 10 used pods are delivered. It has a very dependable espresso dispensing spigot, as well as an adjustable cup support with a drip tray. The platform can be modified for several varying heights, including Espresso (1. 35oz), Double Espresso (2. 7oz), Gran Lungo (5oz), Coffee (7. 7oz) and Alto (14oz).
This machine functions with a 19-bar pressure pump. It uses a 120V power supply with power rating at 1350W. Overall, the item weighs 10.1 pound, which makes it very handy and lightweight. This model is offered in two colors — red and grey.